Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hair today... gone tomorrow

Well my friends, I did it. The hairs have been cut. In this picture above you see the fallout from just the beginning cut, before the color and the styling cut. The "get this out of my way before I cover those roots" cut. It was scary lemme tell ya. I'm still getting used to the shortness. I've been ponytailing my hair every day for almost the past 10 years, just to get it up and out of my face. Now it barely fits in an elastic at all. I did not have the needed 10" ponytial to donate to Locks of Love, nor was there an 8" one donate to the Beautiful Lengths program, but the thought was there.

It's not my hairstyle yet. I need time. Time to find the perfect product now that its more curly than wavy. The length really pulled the curl down, and now that it's gone it has sprung right up. LOTS o'curls children, lots o'curls. I don't hate it, which is what I was really afraid of, and I may even go (dare I say this) a little shorter next time. It's certainly great to be able to wear it down again and not feel like Weird Al.

Here's a few more pictures. The bottom one is day 2. Still not used to styling it, I'm trying more for the curly curls than the wet flashdancer look going on in the first one. This will take some learning, some finessing, and some patience, but for now my head is about 4 pounds lighter, and its feeling damn fine.




PS to my Blogger friends... are you using "Blogger in Draft" mode to type your posts. It's pretty new and I love it. New layouts, more customization, and much more control over the general looks of things. Check it out on the Blogger home page when you log in to your blog. Totally cool.

3 comments:

Happy Me said...

I LOVE your new haircut!! You look fabulous!!

Trouble said...

You look Great! I love it!! Looking forward to seeing it in person tomorrow! love ya

toni said...

It looks fantastic! Dare I say younger?