Sunday, February 14, 2010

I Can See You

I'm a big fan of the show Planet Earth. I own the first season on Blu-ray and love them all. Mountains, caves, rivers, doesn't matter they all fascinate me. The footage they have is incredible. Right now the "Deep Ocean" episode is on. I sit in awe watching bizarre creatures like the sawtooth eel and dumbo octopus floating through the waters.

Here's the thing though, the movie Avatar has ruined this show just a little for me. As I watch and listen to the narration by Sigourney Weaver, all I can picture is her Avatar reading the copy in a booth somewhere. Hopefully with time this will pass, but right now THIS is what's telling me about Vampire Squid:

*Title from Don Henley's "Boys of Summer".

1 comments:

mug said...

Do you get extra points for tying the title to both the song and movie mentioned? Good Job!

And Liz...I see you :)