Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Best Part of My Thursday


Today I was driving home from a frustrating site visit. I had left my house at 2:30 to attend to a beeping server an hour away. When I got there the beeping had stopped. SO Frustrating. Add in the rain and my ride home was going to be crappy and long since it would soon be rush hour. Hurrying to make the turnpike before 5pm I was next to this car. This dog was hanging out of the car barking at the rain as the car drove down the road. The rain wasn't pouring down, but it was more than a drizzle and this fuzzy guy was totally drenched. I stayed parallel to the car as long as I could, watching him as his whole body was wagging and he was just LOVING life. It made me smile, and slow down a little, for the rest of my drive.

Best part of my Thursday: Remembering that life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

0 comments: