Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Best Part of My Tuesday


Today wasn't easy. Before 10am I had broken two pairs of sunglasses. Two. Uno dos. I don't buy good sunglasses because I always lose or break them so it's no tragic loss, but the only pair I have now is ugly and uncomfortable. I hit 2 sites today installing a huge (read: heavy) server at one and beginning a long copy process at the other that won't complete until tomorrow. The end of the month is never fun as I'm rushing to complete all the monthly duties I have that get put on hold as I'm one of the only phone techs that actually answer the phone. Then late in the afternoon I had to deal with a teenager incident. The crankiness I was already feeling did not help this at all. Teenager problems are rare around here, but still occur. They are usually about the same thing and they are always frustrating.

There were angry texts going back and forth, emails and eventually a discussion. None of these things are fun and I'm thankful that they are not frequent either, she's always been a good kid. Still when these things come up it always takes it's toll. I could have punched a wall with the frustration I felt today. A wall, never a kid. Ever. People believe in different things, but I've seen the "beat the kid" method and it is a bullshit way to raise a child. We said what we had to say and moved on. It's the moving on that's important if you want peace.

After everything was figured out and everyone got stuff off their chest we went to dinner. Nothing fancy, just some Chick-fil-A, then to Best Buy to pick up our repaired XBox, then to the mall for a new phone case for Kae and a little Dairy Queen as we headed out. All little things, but we did them together as a family. The day surely took it's toll on Kae as well, as she is in bed, lights out and curled up watching TV and she's usually the last one up. I just went in, gave her a squeeze and told her that I loved her. She loves us too.

Best part of my Tuesday: Kissing my sleepy little girl goodnight.

Side note: It's a Blogathon week my friends. Each day for the next 6 my cousin Jennifer and I will be posting with the topic of "best part of my day". Check out her blog HERE

0 comments: