Thursday, June 16, 2011

Top 5 - Reasons I love the Summer

5.  Fireworks -  Growing up there was a field at the end of our street.  On the Fourth of July they would have a huge festival in this field.  There were games, pie-eating contests, and at the close of the day there were fireworks.  Huge, fireworks that filled up the sky, or just came and went with a quick flash and then a HUGE BOOM.  I just loved them.  Now, at 42, there's a field at the end of our street at the top of a hill.  From the field you can see the Susquehanna River, the Capitol Building... and every Fourth of July you can see fireworks.

4.  Gardening-  I love to spend time outside planting, watering, and then reaping the fruits of my labor.  Literally.  This year I've got tomatoes, Thai peppers, sweet mint, rosemary, and of course lots of basil!  Gardening also leads to Bruschetta.





3.  Carnivals - The smells, the lights, the cotton candy.  What's not to love?

2.  Swimming - I absolute love being in the water.  Pool, lake, ocean, it doesn't matter.  I'm not picky.  I just need to be able to kick my feet or float on my back and I'm a happy camper.

1.  That summertime feeling.  Spent the day swimming somewhere, just out of the shower, relaxing before dinner having a beer with that slight tingle on your skin.  Kissed by the sun.

Update:  This is what my garden looks like almost 2 weeks after the picture above.


Let's face it kids, my posts have been lacking.  Cousin Jennifer and I are having a Blogger Challenge week.  Every day for a week we'll be posting using the same topic, Top 5.  The challenge is getting us to post 7 days in a row :)

0 comments: