Saturday, May 22, 2010

When you wake, ring for Drake, Drake will bring your tray

I had this post planned a few days ago, but with a more negative connotation of the lyrics. That day I was feeling very cranky, and very maid-like. Posts like that make me feel better initially, but then I feel guilty about not actually expressing my feelings to Drew. So I held off until the crankiness passed, mentioned to him how I was feeling that day, and moved on.

Our washer and dryer are in the basement. Whenever we are upstairs and something like dishtowel (or other non-clothing item) needs to be cleaned we throw it to the bottom of the steps until we go downstairs again, then move it to the washer. Recently I've taken to teasing Drew or Kae if they go downstairs and walk over something without putting it over by the washer, "whew, good thing you didn't trip over this". This morning we put fresh sheets on the bed and threw the old ones down the steps. We made some coffee and headed down the stairs. Since I was first I stopped and grabbed the sheets and put them in front of the washer. Drew snickered and said something like "you know, if you walk over those they eventually disappear." I cracked up.

In the past few days I've been noticing little things the husband does that I don't do. Pickup lunch? He's got it. Stop and grab some wine? Oil change for my car? Run to the supermarket on a Saturday morning because "the board" on the fridge had filled up with the list of things we need? Drew. All things I hate to do, but he does without a second thought. Sometimes I'm Drake, but what I'm seeing more of is that sometimes he is too <3

Blog title from "I think I'm gonna like it here". Don't forget to see what Cousin Jennifer has to say today.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

This post made me very happy. It just takes some perspective sometimes. :)