Wednesday, September 29, 2010

So much time... so little to update you on


Wait a minute... strike that... reverse it. This Sunday at my Mom's house we will be celebrating Kaeleigh's Sweet 16. Friday there is a football game that Kaeleigh is playing at and I am working concession the concession stand. Saturday there is a competition that probably won't be over until 9pm or so... then I pack up the car and the 2 gorgeous kids in the picture above and head to NJ to host a party for around 50 people at my Mom's house, basically in one day at a house that is not mine. Ugh. Hopefully the husband will be coming with me.


When I was young, and still today, friends parents that I felt especially close with I simply called Mom. To this day I can't ever remember calling Diane's mom anything but that. The pictures of Kaeleigh on today's post all include her friend Kaycee. She calls me Mom and it makes me smile every time. She texts me when she can't get in touch with Kae, and every once in a while when I know she's down I text her some random love. Kaycee is taking the trip East with us this weekend to celebrate her BFF with us. The drive with these 2 should be... well... certainly not quiet :)

0 comments: