Thursday, April 19, 2007

Little Bear, Big Heart

Last night the phenomenon that was Sanjaya got voted off of American Idol and Kae was devistated. I haven't seen her this upset about anything in quite a long time, it broke my heart. She really liked him and his crazy hair and big smile. It didn't make a difference to her that this was a singing competition and though he could carry a tune there were people on the show with much more talent. Maybe not as much personalitly, but surely more talent.

Kae was so upset that it upset me. There's nothing that makes me feel more helpless than not being able to calm my sad child. It drains me completely. All I could do was hug her, and agree that we would try and get tickets to the Idols Live concert (helpless I say!). Now, you may say it's only American Idol, what's the big deal? I've got no clue. Five years ago Kaeleigh cried over everything, now it's very rare to see. She really liked this kid for some reason, and seeing him cry as he sang his last song upset her deeply. Who am I to question that?

0 comments: