Friday, February 12, 2010

Baby We Were Born to Run


The Olympics are here! The Olympics are here! My favorite part every time is the opening ceremony. I love seeing the athletes walk the field as their countries are announce, cameras and flags in hand as they wave to the crowds. I like when they show small countries with 8-10 participants as well as when they show countries like the US with a whole lot more.

It's exciting to me to watch as the flame starts in Greece and makes it's way to wherever the Olympics are held that year, watching as the torch carriers bring it closer and closer to it's final destination. Celebrities and athletes holding the flame high, transferring the flame torch to torch until it reaches the final bearer who will send the flame to whatever creative cauldron will hold the flame throughout the games. My favorite final torch carrier so far has been Muhammad Ali, a very touching moment. NBC will be on our TV all night tonight as we watch (hopefully in awe) tonight's celebrations. GO USA!

*Title from Bruce Springsteen's "Born to Run".

1 comments:

Happy Me said...

I couldn't agree with you more! The olympics rock!